What happens when a dog eats Skittles?

What happens when a dog eats Skittles?

If your dog has eaten one too many Skittles, this may result in xylitol poisoning, the symptoms of which could include loss of balance and convulsion. In more serious cases, eating sour Skittles can lead to liver failure and even death.

How many Skittles can kill a dog?

Remember, keep the total intake to 10 pieces or less. Consuming too many Skittles will give your dog too much sugar, which can result in some adverse health effects like cavities, weight gain, and even diabetes in the worst case. And while Skittles might not kill your dog, other candies definitely can.

Is there a xylitol in Skittles?

No, Skittles does not contain xylitol. This ingredient is toxic for dogs and you are right for asking if Skittles has xylitol in it. Skittles are made with a combination of sugar, corn syrup and hydrogenated palm kernel oil (among other things like corn starch and flavors).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *