What happens if your dog eats ZZ plant?

What happens if your dog eats ZZ plant?

ZZ plant is not deadly, but you still need to be careful around it. The sap can irritate the skin, and that may lead to a rash. In case one of your pets nibbles on a ZZ plant, it will experience digestive problems such as vomiting and diarrhea. All of this doesn’t mean you can’t keep a ZZ plant in your home.

How are ZZ plants toxic?

The ZZ Plant is part of the Araceae family of plants, which includes many ubiquitous houseplants (Philodendron and Pothos, to name a few). Many of the plants in this family are considered toxic because they produce a compound called calcium oxalate. Calcium oxalate is a compound found naturally in plants and animals.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *