What happens if a dog eats foil wrapped chocolate?

What happens if a dog eats foil wrapped chocolate?

Call your veterinarian immediately if your dog ate chocolate wrapped in foil. If your dog just ate it, your veterinarian will induce emesis and hopefully get your dog to throw up everything he ate

What can happen if a dog eats aluminum foil?

Aluminum foil may cause your dog to choke or create an intestinal obstruction. This is clearly the most acute danger to dogs in most cases. Typically, this is only a problem for dogs who eat a substantial quantity of aluminum foil.

What happens if a dog eats chocolate with foil wrapper?

If the wrapper is small, it is likely that the pet will pass the wrapper as a part of the digestion process. However, depending on the size of your pet (and if the wrapper is large), eating a candy wrapper can cause a blockage or obstruction and persistent vomiting

Can dogs digest foil wrappers?

Aluminum Foil can cause health issues in dogs, but so can the food contents inside. Little pieces of foil will usually pass through your dog’s gut without causing any major issues. However, large pieces could become stuck within the gut, causing a blockage (intestinal obstruction).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *