What happens if a dog accidentally eats an edible?

What happens if a dog accidentally eats an edible?

Depending on the amount of marijuana ingested, the impacts can range from restlessness and drooling to coma and death. In the event that your fur baby ingests an edible that contains THC, your best line of defense is to take them to an emergency vet.

Can an edible hurt a dog?

Medicated edibles that are high in THC concentrations are the most dangerous to your dog, especially cookies or brownies with chocolate or raisins. (If that’s the case be sure to call poison control or an emergency animal clinic).

What to do if dog accidentally eats edibles?

The dog will not be affected in any serious way. However, if the dog eats edibles with THC, you must contact your vet and give them all the relevant information (potency of the edible, how much the dog ate, when the edible was eaten, etc.). The vet will inform you to either let the dog ride it out or induce vomiting.

Can dogs get high if they eat edibles?

How do cats and dogs become intoxicated? Cats and dogs can become intoxicated by cannabis in various ways; by inhaling second-hand smoke, eating edibles (baked goods, candies, chocolate bars, and chips containing cannabis), or ingesting cannabis directly (in any form).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.