What causes excessive hunger in dogs?
Increased appetite is completely normal in pets that have high energy requirements, such as growing puppies and kittens, pets that exercise strenuously such as hunting dogs, and pregnant or nursing females. Also, pets eating a poor quality diet may eat more to meet their energy requirements.
How do I help my dog who is always hungry?
How to Keep Your Dog Feeling Full After Meals
- Know Your Dog’s Body Composition.
- Deflect Your Dog’s Attention From Food.
- Avoid Kibble with Air and Water for Fillers.
- Try a High Fiber Diet For Your Dog.
- Try Feeding Your Dog Vegetables.