Is Wet food better for dogs with kidney disease?
Canned: Canned food is certainly a better choice than kibble when feeding your dog with kidney disease. It has more moisture, but would also have preservatives such as salt to help keep it fresh in the can.
What canned dog food is best for kidney disease?
Best Dog Foods for Kidney Disease
- Hill’s Prescription Diet K/D. Best Overall Food for Dogs with Kidney Disease.
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet KS.
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF.
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Renal Support.
- Hill’s Prescription Diet K/D (Canned)
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF (Canned)
What food can I feed my dog with kidney disease?
These diets are formulated to help dogs with CKD avoid metabolic acidosis and are available from your veterinarian. Examples include Hill’sxae Prescription Dietxae k/dxae, Royal Caninxae Veterinary Diet Canine Renal Support, Purinaxae ProPlanxae Veterinary Diet NF Kidney Functionxae, and Rayne Clinical Nutrition Adult Health-RSS.